The Final Push

Oh man it has been quite a stressful month. To start the month off, was Mardi Gras. It was such an incredible experience. The parades were so wild and they handed out so many different things and all the setups people had to watch the parades were just awesome (it was like tailgating parades). And it was cool to see how Mardi Gras really brings everyone together for a celebration. It was a great time. As soon as the fun was over though, it was time to really study for the shelf exam.

As a whole, I think the class was genuinely surprised by the shelf exam. It was an extremely hard exam, and studying everything we had learned since the start of the program was difficult but the questions were fair and reasonable. It was actually pretty neat discovering what I still remembered and didn't from the entire program and then also pretty cool to see how some things kind of tied together.

Now that the shelf is done and over with we just have to focus on our elective classes. So that just means a couple exams and a couple of presentations left in the semester, which is great because most of us are studying for the MCATs ( I take mine on Saturday, jeez) and we're also all in the process of applying to jobs and figuring out what our lives are gonna be like come May. Speaking of which I got hired part-time as a personal-trainer at the campus gym and I'm so excited to finally start sharing my love of working out with others.

Due to how busy this last month has been, I was not able to get any volunteering in. Like I said though, we will have much more free time throughout April, so I'm hoping to get the rest of my hours in the weeks to come. I plan on finishing up my hours volunteering at KIPP.

That's all for now, next time I write the semester will be over!

Volunteer hours this month: 0
Total Spring Volunteer Hours: 8

Comments

Popular Posts