The End of A Semester

Well the semester is finally finished! We had our exams on GI and Neoplasia and it was quite a bit of material but it seems like everyone did pretty well. Looking back on the entire semester, I would say it was a pretty good one. Yeah there was quite a bit of studying being done, but it was all very manageable. A whole semester in and I just gotta say I really do enjoy this program. The information is very interesting, the faculty have been incredibly helpful and it seems like this program will really be a big help once we get to medical school.

As far as volunteering goes I did manage to squeeze in a few more hours with KIPP before the semester finished. I really enjoy helping out at KIPP and one of my biggest regrets is not giving more of my time. So that is something I will work on for next semester, getting more volunteer hours in.

As you may have heard, New Orleans loves any excuse to have a celebration and the upcoming holidays are definitely included in that. A couple of classmates and I managed to make it to the Roosevelt hotel to see their lobby lighting ceremony and it is incredible. We also had our program's holiday party, which was a lot of fun. The venue was great and it was nice seeing everyone in a more relaxed setting, including the faculty. I look forward to the next couple of weeks off and look forward to the start of the next semester!

Hours for the month: 5
Total hours: 24

Comments

Popular Posts