Another month, another exam...or 3.

          This past month has been crazy. At the beginning of the month we completed our second exam on Immunology and Cell Biology. It went pretty well for me, but the average was much lower than the first exam so it was definitely more difficult. Earlier this week we finished our third exam, which was on Physiology and ANS Pharmacology. That exam was definitely the most difficult by far and was very shocking to a lot of us. As far as class goes we have another exam in a couple of weeks on Cardiovascular Pharmacology and from what we've been told it is supposed to be the most difficult exam we will take, so these next couple weeks will involve quite a bit of studying.
          I was able to start my volunteer work with KIPP this month. I have been pretty busy so I've only managed to get a couple of sessions in but overall it has been enjoyable. The school has been preparing for a state inspection and so the others and I have been helping to ensure the school is squared away and ready for inspection. It's been so fun seeing all the kids as they go throughout their day at school and their reaction to a bunch of strangers (they've been very intrigued by our presence).
          As far as out of class and volunteering, I have been able to explore New Orleans a bit and discover some fun things in the city. I've been to a number of restaurants enjoying the local food and I also got to visit a couple of little museums. Some friends and I recently went to the Museum of Pharmacology in New Orleans and it was really cool to see how things have changed and how they haven't really changed over the many years. My friends and I will also be attending the Voodoo music festival this weekend, which combined with Halloween is supposed to be a big deal in this city and I can't wait to experience it.
          After two months in this city I can say its really growing on me, and I'm really happy with my choice in this program. I look forward to what the next month has in store.


Hours this month: 5.5
Total hours: 9

Comments

Popular Posts